Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pastor Mark Driscoll's "ANTI-FEMINIST/PUSSYFIED NATION RANT" LINK BELOW


Mark Driscoll New cult leader of Evangelical Christianity??

I've been following pastor MARK DRISCOLL for a long time...LOOONG TIME. I knew who he was before he became big...famous...celebrity pastor.  I remember when I was a Christian living in Seattle, I attended a little church in the Ballard area--about 150 members--and Mark Driscoll was the pastor there. At the time (year 2000-2002ish), my friend Elizabeth was going to this little church regularly and she said, "Renee, you have to come to this church with me, the pastor is really different. I like him a lot." And, like a sheep who doesn't think, I started going to it with her. After church services there would usually be coffee and cookies in the church basement, something that kept me coming. Also, I remember Mark Driscoll's plans to a build a mega church...and even more. He would sometimes detail his grandiose visions for church planting during his sermons. Although the man clearly had some passion and intriguing oratory skill, I found myself wondering, "Is this guy crazy? Does he think  he can actually obtain hundreds of thousands....millions of dollars like that?" It was all very shocking to me back then. Little did I know he would be one of the most sought after pastors...speakers in all of modern Evangelical Christiandome.

Now, pastor Mark Driscoll is a mega pastor but it looks like he might be losing some of his momentum. A lot of his former church members and leaders are coming against him. From my perspective as an Atheist, his position of celebrity pastor has made him into an autocratic cult leader. Christians are even starting to see him as he really is. He is very anti-women, anti-feminism, anti-gay, anti-single mother, a plagiarist and maybe even a little narcissistic. You can read his PUSSIFIED NATION RANT below where he (not so) cleverly poses as the user of WILLIAM WALLACE II. He even admits to it now (yeah, it is old, but it is interesting to see how he thinks (thought?).

http://matthewpaulturner.com/2014/07/29/mark-driscolls-pussified-nation/


http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/22/mark-driscoll-charges-abuse_n_5701296.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

2 comments:

  1. I suspect he was always an "autocratic cult leader", Renee, and that's what drove him to chase celebrity and the money and power that come with that. I'm afraid my default position now is to doubt the sincerity, if not the basic honesty, of any religious functionary. Either they're out to manipulate people, or they're not very bright.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. People don't change too much, do they?

      Delete